Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nightmares & Emotional Storms

I never meant for any of this to happen. When I say that, I'm talking about having feelings for someone I have no business thinking twice about much less running through the streets of Washington D.C. to escape Egyptian terrorists. But when he reached for my hand I grabbed it like a life line. Soaking wet and chilled to the bone made Captain Hunter's kiss all the more warm and unsettling. Just as I thought he had feelings for me he pulled out a gun and put a bullet in the head of one of those Egyptian's. I was a decoy. Used. Then he shoved me in a non-descript van with some of his shady friends from Enigma. They didn't exactly give me a choice in helping them. Even I understand the concept of "We can make your life miserable and one big fat mess." The 'big fat mess' are my words, not theirs. They spoke with a great deal more finesse. 



What I learned about myself? Part of me wanted the nightmare to end. The other part longed to be a part of the action and the solution. My own emotional storm threatened to destroy what little self respect I had left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment